Saturday, May 10, 2014

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: <nativehr>0x81072101</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>Cannot complete this action.

I created a SharePoint hosted app.  The app had some site columns and a list including these columns.

I struggled with this error for some time.  Removing the list and the app would deploy just fine.  I realized one site column had space in name. The name of column for e.g “Expense Amount”.  Adding this column to the list would give this error.  So I added a new column this time the name was “ExpenseAmount” and display name would be “Expense Amount” and it worked just fine. 

Another observation was the Type in my case was 10000.  As a rule I changed it to 10002 and I started getting the error again.  Changing it back to 10000 and it worked fine.  Still not sure of the real cause but thought to put the observations here just in case it myt save someone’s time.

No comments: